Terms and Conditions
1a. Our estimates are produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the estimate accordingly or complete a PRF1002 Alteration to Customer Estimate Form. Any additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client and a separate revised or extra contract estimate provided or a PRF1002 Additional Work Form completed.
1b. All estimates are provided having only carried out a visual inspection on the property or site and therefore may be subject to change. Upon discovering any additional work we will provide an estimate to complete the work and await instruction before commencing. Upon acceptance of any estimate or completion of PRF1002, Alteration to Customer Estimate/ Additional Work Form, you are entering into a new contract obliging you to abide by these terms and conditions.
2. Working Arrangements: All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during normal working hours inclusive of but not restricted to, 8 am – 6 pm Mon – Fri, Sat 8 am – 1 pm, unless otherwise agreed.
3. Both Contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
4. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant machinery and skips etc.
5. All building and other materials provided by the main contractor or their sub-contractors remain the property of Fundamental Property Solutions Limited until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer, cleared cheque or cash (see item 9).
6. Access to and collection of used or unused building materials, equipment and plant machinery remains in place until full and cleared final payment is received.
7. Accepting an estimate, either verbally or in writing, and agreeing to the commencement of works will allow these terms and conditions to come into effect.
8. The main contractor being ‘Fundamental Property Solutions Limited’ may employ both direct and sub-contract labour to work on site. Each individual contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. The main contractor will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
9. Payment can be made via Bank Transfer, by cheque or in cash and a receipt for payment will be given. Please make all payments by cheque payable ‘Fundamental Property Solution Limited. Bank Transfer details upon request. Payment in full is due upon completion of the contract and presentation of the associated invoice. Part payments, interim payments and deposits may be agreed prior to commencement of works or during the contract duration. A deposit payment is not usually required to cover the cost of any materials ordered.
10. Insurance and Public Liability: Public Liability Insurance is provided up to the sum of £2,000,000 by Ageas Insurance Limited – Policy number IPTR00027676. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
11. All client information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
12. In the event of unforeseen difficulties arising, or any other circumstantial changes, price or estimated cost may be revised to reflect the situation at hand.
13. Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 12 months. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturer's warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work and any new materials used in construction or repairs, but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee. Decorations are signed off on completion and not covered by guarantee.
14. No responsibility is taken by ourselves for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
15. Extras will only be undertaken further to both full discussion with the client, and, verbal or written agreement, and charged at the agreed rate.
16. Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
17. We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions and availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.